Egas Moniz University in Portugal Faculty of Psychology
Degree in Psychology in Portugal
Study Psychology in English
The Undergraduate Degree in Psychology is guided by the Bologna Declaration principles and the European Framework for Psychologists’ Training guidelines, ensuring that the training given is part of the training model developed in the national and European context. It also follows the guidelines issued by the Portuguese Psychologists’ Association (Law 571 of 4 September 2008).
The Egas Moniz Higher Institute of Health Science (IUEM) has vast experience in teaching in the field of Psychology (pre-Bologna), which includes the Forensic Psychology and Criminal Behavior component, fostering the engagement of students in projects in the community (schools, courts, law enforcement agencies, commissions to protect children and youths, municipal council, victim support associations, and others).
This Undergraduate Degree falls under the Forensic and Behavioral Science field, whose goal is to foster teaching and research in psychology, oriented to specializing in Forensic Psychology and the study of Criminal Behavior.
- The course’s highly practical component. You will have practical classes right from the 1st year, where you will be in contact with psychological activities and tools, case studies and also psychopathology practical classes in a hospital setting. You can also join intervention projects we carry out and take part in the intervention programmes at schools and community bodies. These run every year.
- You will receive training in Forensic Science and Psychology.
- You will be able to take part in studies on deviant and criminal behaviour and youth delinquency, victims and other forensic populations, among others, developed by our Forensic Psychology Office.
- A young and qualified teaching body motivated to assist you.
- The possibility of having exchange programmes with foreign universities, namely through the Erasmus programme.
- A top-quality University Residence on campus, with numerous amenities on offer, such as a swimming pool, which ensures your well-being and safety, as if you were in your own home.
- An excellent academic environment, that is stimulating and active and includes teachers, researchers, professionals and students alike! You will attend parties, concerts, academic nights out and other initiatives organised by the Egas Moniz Student Associations, “Tunas” Groups and choir. You will also be able to practice several sports, whether at the gym or the playing field we have on offer for you.
- Our campus’s privileged location in Almada council, 15 minutes away from Lisbon and Costa de Caparica, with excellent means of access (over-ground metro, train and bus).
Once you complete your course you will be able to:
- Enter the labour market, performing jobs that require the general skills obtained in the 1st cycle of higher education, under a psychologist’s supervision
- Have full mobility to attend any university in the country or in Europe
- Pursue your studies in Psychology in any of its specialties in the 2nd cycle of higher education (master’s).
Since practicing psychology requires two cycles of university education in Psychology, those who wish to practice must take a Master’s Degree in Psychology.
All courses are fully accredited by the Portuguese Regulatory Agency – A3ES and Egas Moniz Institution is at 9th place in the national SC IMAGO ranking, and 1st among private institutions in Portugal.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Study Psychology in English
50% and above in Biology in the last year of High School and the High School Diploma cannot be older than 2 years.
DURATION OF STUDY AND TUITION FEES: Study Psychology in English
The duration of study is 3 years.
Tuition fees for EU citizens 3,702 Euros paid in 12 installments.
Tuition fees for Non – EU citizens 4,728 Euros paid in 12 installments.
ACCOMMODATING OUR STUDENTS: Study Psychology in English
Our company is responsible for accommodating the students in their first steps. The students are accompanied by our partners in the given country.
HOW TO APPLY: Study Psychology in English
The applicants are required to complete the on-line application form.