Sample Tests Biology Chemistry
Sample Tests Biology Chemistry
To help you take a successful entrance exam we provide you with the actual exam question list of Biology and Chemistry.
BIOLOGY SAMPLE TEST
1. In this type of mutation, one or two nucleotide pairs are inserted into or deleted from DNA:
A. frameshift mutations
B. base substitution mutation
C. missense mutation
D. nonsens mutation
2. During muscle contraction, which of the following shortens?
A. Z lines
C. actin and myosin filaments
D. all of the above
E. none of the above
3. Which of the following is part of the appendicular skeleton?
A. pectoral girdle
B. pelvic girdle
E. all of the above are appendicular
4. If a transcribed DNA strand is 5’ATCTGTTAGA 3′, then the corresponding sequence of RNA is:
A. 5′ UAGAGTTAGA 3′
B. 3′ TAGACAATCT 5′
C. 5′ UAGACAAUCU 3′
D. 3′ UAGACAAUCU 5′
5. The parasympathetic nervous system has what effect on the heart’s pacemaker?
A. excites it
B. inhibits it
C. kills it
D. has no effect at all
E. has a variable effect; sometimes excites it, sometimes inhibits it
6. What is the function of the tricuspid valve?
1. Prevents the backflow of blood from the right atrium to the right ventricle.
2. Prevents the backflow of oxygen-rich blood from the right ventricle to the right
3. Prevents the backflow of carbon dioxide-rich blood from the right ventricle to the right
4. Assure the unidirectional blood flow.
A. 1. 2. 3. B. 4. C. 2. 4. D. 1. 3. E. 3. 4.
7. The target tissue for luteinizing hormone is the
D. thyroid gland
8. What type of hormones enter their target cells?
A. steroid hormones
B. peptide hormones
C. both of the above
D. none of the above
9. What can be the genotype of a person of Rh+ blood group?
A. Homozygous dominant
C. homozygous recessive
D. A and B
E. All of the above
10. When the ribosome moves down the mRNA strand during translation, and amino acids are added one by one to the polypeptide chain, the process is called:
A. amino acid synthesis
B. amino acid template translation
11. The possible pattern of inheritance of phenylketonuria
A. dominant-recessive trait, the disorder is caused by a recessive allele
B. dominant-recessive trait, the disorder is caused by a dominant allele
C. Incomplete dominant trait, the heterozygous individuals are affected
D. Incomplete dominant trait, the homozygous individuals are affected
12. What can be the component of a DNA ?
3. one phosphate – one deoxyribose – thymine
4. one phosphate – one deoxyribose – uracil
5. one phosphate – one ribose – thymine
A. 1,3. B.1,2,3. C.1,2,4. D.2,3. E. 1.
13. What does cardiac output depend on?
A. stroke volume
B. heart rate
E. all of the above
14. Which statement is wrong?
A. Most of the CO2 is transported in the plasma as bicarbonate ion.
B. Oxygen binds to hemoglobin in the lungs.
C. Oxygen-hemoglobin dissociation curve depends on pH.
D. Some CO2 diffuses to the capillaries from the alveoli.
E. Hemoglobin consists of four polypeptide chains.
15. Which statement is wrong?
A. During expiration the diaphragm relaxes.
B. During inspiration the diaphragm contracts.
C. Diaphragm is smooth muscle.
D. The amount of air moving in and out of the lungs with each normal breath is called
the tidal volume.
E. Some CO2 also gets to the lungs whith inspiration.
16. Each ribosome is composed of:
A. one large spherical structure in which a groove passes through the middle for reading
B. one small subunit and one large subunit that do not join together until translation
C. two small and one large subunits that become activated when translation is initiated
D. one small and two large subunits that are activated by mRNA
17. Out of the following vitamins which ones are water soluble?
1. Vitamin C
2. Vitamin D
3. Vitamin B complex
4. Vitamin K
5. Vitamin A.
A. 1,2,3. B. 1,3. C. 2,4,5. D. 3,4,5. E. 3.
18. Which match is correct for the enzyme and its product?
1. Maltase – glucose
2. Lipase – glycerol
3. Lipase – glycerol and fatty acids
4. Pepsin – short polypeptides
5. Sucrose – glucose and maltose.
A. 1,2. B. 1,2,4. C. 1,3,4. D. 1,3,5. E. 1, 4.
19. What is true about viruses?
1. they are procaryotes
2. they need host cells for their reproduction
3. Herpes is caused by a virus
4. they contain either DNA or RNA as hereditary material
5. AIDS is caused by a virus.
A. 1,4,5. B. 2,3,4,5 C. 2,4,5. D. 2,3,4. E. 1,4.
20. Which structures are made from tubulin?
1. mitotic spindle
A. 3,4,5. B. 1,2. C. 1,2,3. D. 1,2,5. E. 1.
CHEMISTRY SAMPLE TEST
1. A sample of N2 gas occupies 4.48 L volume under standard conditions (1 atm, 00C).
What is the mass of the sample? The atomic mass of N is 14 amu.
A: 5.6 g B: 56 g C: 2.8 g D: 28 g E: 22.4 g
2. Which properties are characteristic for the nonmetals?
1. high electrical conductivity
2. large ionization energy
3. high electronegativity
4. low electron affinity
A: 1,2 B: 2,3 C: 3,4 D: 2,4 E: 1,2,3
3. Concerning 1.2 x 1024 CO2 molecules, which statements are true?
The molar mass is 44 g/mol.
1. it is 12 moles.
2. it occupies 1.2 x 22.4 L volume under standard conditions.
3. it has a mass of 88 grams.
4. it consists of 3.6 x 1024 atoms.
A: 1,3 B: 1,4 C: 2,3 D: 2,4 E: 3,4
4. Which of the following substances contain covalent bonds only?
1. BaCl2(aq) 2. CCl4(l) 3. HCl(g) 4. NH4Br(aq)
A: 1,2,3,4 B: 1,2,4 C: 2,3 D: 1,3 E: 2,3,4
5. Which of the following atoms are isotopes of each other?
X: 11 protons, 11 electrons, 12 neutrons
Y: 11 protons, 10 electrons, 12 neutrons
V: 11 protons, 11 electrons, 13 neutrons
W: 12 protons, 12 electrons, 12 neutrons
A: X and Y B: X and W C: Y and V D: V and W E: X and V
6. An aqueous solution is prepared by dissolving 1.6 g NaOH in 250 mL final volume.
What is the molar concentration of the solution?
The molar mass of NaOH is 40 g/mol
A: 6.4 mol/L
B: 1.6 mol/L
C: 16 mol/L
D: 0.16 mol/L
E: 64 mol/L
7. N2(g) + 3H2(g) 2NH3(g)
The reaction is exothermic towards product formation. Which of the following
changes of conditions will shift the equilibrium of the reaction to the right?
1. increase the pressure.
2. increase the concentration of NH3.
3. increase the concentration of H2 gas.
4. decreasing the temperature.
A: 1,3,4 B: 2,3 C: 2,4 D: 2,3,4 E: 1,2,3,4
8. When two elements, X (atomic number 13) and Y (atomic number 8), react the compound formed will be:
A: XY B: X3Y2 C: XY2 D: X2Y E: X2Y3
9. Which is the most basic solution?
10. Which set contains only polar molecules?
A: NH3, H2O, SO2
B: SO3, H2S, H2O
C: HCl, CO2, NH3
D: Cl2, SO2, CO2
E: CCl4, H2O, NH3
11. In any reaction where a calcium atom changes to calcium ion, the calcium atom
1. has lost an electron.
2. has become an anion.
3. has been oxidized.
4. has achieved noble gas electron configuration.
A: 1,2 B: 2,3 C: 3,4 D: 2,4 E: 2,3,4
12. What is the oxidation number of Cr in K2Cr2O7
A: -6 B: +6 C: +12 D: -12 E: +2
13. Which group has the greatest first ionization energy?
B: carbon family
C: oxygen family
D: alkali metals
E: alkaline earth metals
14. Water solutions of the following five compounds have the same molar concentrations.
Arrange them in the order of increasing pH.
A: CH3COOH, HCl, NaCl, NH3, KOH
B: KOH, NH3, NaCl, CH3COOH, HCl
C: HCl, CH3COOH, NaCl, NH3, KOH
D: HCl, CH3COOH, NH3, KOH, NaCl
E: CH3COOH, HCl, KOH, NaCl, NH3
15. How many grams of solid potassium chloride are needed to prepare 200 mL solution with 15 % m/m concentration? The density of the solution is 1.2 g/mL.
A: 25 g B: 0.25 g C: 360 g D: 36 g E: 0.09 g
16. Which are the oxidation-reduction reactions?
1. 2Na(s) + 2H2O(l) 2NaOH(aq) + H2(g)
2. 2NaOH(aq) + H2SO4(aq) Na2SO4(aq) + 2H2O(l)
3. Ca2+(aq) + CO3
4. H2(g) + Cl2(g) 2HCl(g)
A: 1,2,3,4 B: 1,2 C: 3,4 D: 1,3 E: 1,4
17. Choose the compound with an ester group.
A: H3C CH2 C NH CH3
B: H3C CH2 C O CH3
C: H3C CH2 C OH
D: H3C CH2 C CH3
E: H3C CH2 O CH3
18. Which pairs are structural isomers?
H3C C CH2 CH3
O and CH2 CH2 C H
H3C C CH2 CH3
O and H3C CH2 C CH3
3. H3C O CH2 CH3 and H3C CH2 CH2 OH
H3C C NH CH2 CH3
H C CH2 CH2 CH2
A: 1,2 B: 2,3 C: 1,3,4 D: 2,3,4 E: 1,2,3,4
19. The main product in the following reaction is:
H3C CH CH2 + H Br
H3C C CH2
Br B: H3C CH CH Br
C: H3C CH2 CH2 Br D:
H3C CH CH3
H3C CH CH2
20. Which statements are true for the following molecule in its open chain form?
1. It is an aldopentose.
2. It has 4 chiral carbon atoms.
3. It is a monosaccharide.
4. It is a D-sugar.
A: 1,3 B: 2,4 C: 3,4 D: 1,2,3 E: 1,3,4
Authorized representatives of the most prestigious Universities in Slovakia, Hungary, The Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Austria and Serbia in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine and in 180 more degree programs!
Study Medicine In Slovakia in English
Slovakia officially the Slovak Republic is a country in Central Europe. It is bordered by the Czech Republic and Austria to the west, Poland to the north, Ukraine to the east and Hungary to the south. The capital and largest city is Bratislava.
Slovakia is a high-income advanced economy with one of the fastest growth rates in the European Union and the OECD. The country joined the European Union in 2004 and the Eurozone on 1 January 2009. Slovakia is also a member of the Schengen Area, NATO, the United Nations, the OECD and the WTO.
Study Veterinary Medicine in Slovakia : University of Veterinary Medicine in Kosice
Study Pharmacy in Slovakia : Comenius University of Pharmacy
Study Medicine In Bulgaria in English
Bulgaria officially the Republic of Bulgaria is a country in southeastern Europe.
It is a member of the European Union, NATO, and the Council of Europe; a founding state of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE); and has taken a seat at the UN Security Council three times.
Study Medicine In Romania in English
Romania is the seventh most populous member state of the European Union. Its capital and largest city, Bucharest, is the sixth largest city in the EU.
It has been a member of NATO since 2004, and part of the European Union since 2007. Around 90% of the population identify themselves as Eastern Orthodox Christians, and are native speakers of Romanian. With a rich cultural history, Romania has been the home of influential artists, musicians, inventors and sportsmen, and features a variety of tourist attractions.
Study Veterinary Medicine in Romania : University of Veterinary Medicine in Cluj Napoka
Study Medicine In Austria in German
Austria officially the Republic of Austria, is a federal republic and a landlocked country of over 8.5 million people inCentral Europe. The majority of the population speak local Bavarian dialects of German as their native language, and Austrian German in its standard form is the country’s official language.
Austria is one of the richest countries in the world. The country has developed a high standard of living and in 2014 was ranked 21st in the world for its Human Development Index. Austria has been a member of the United Nations since 1955, joined the European Union in 1995, and is a founder of the OECD. Austria also signed the Schengen Agreement in 1995 and adopted the European currency, the Euro, in 1999.
Study Medicine in Austria in German : Medical University of Vienna
Study Dentistry in Austria in German : Medical University of Dentistry
Study Pharmacy in Austria in German : University of Pharmacy
Study Veterinary Medicine in Austria in German : University of Veterinary Medicine
180 More Degree Programs: University of Vienna
Study Medicine In The Czech Republic in English
The Czech Republic is a landlocked country in Central Europe bordered by Germany to the west, Austria to the south, Slovakia to the east and Poland to the northeast. The capital and largest city, Prague, has over 1.2 million residents.
The Czech Republic also ranks as the 11th most peaceful country, while achieving strong performance in democratic governance. It is a member of the United Nations, the European Union, NATO, the OECD, the OSCEand the Council of Europe.
Study Pharmaceutical Sciences in The Czech Republic : University of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Study Veterinary Medicine in The Czech Republic : University of Veterinary Medicine
Study Life Sciences in The Czech Republic : Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague
Study Medicine In Hungary in English
Hungary formally, until 2012, the Republic of Hungary is a landlocked country in Central Europe. The country’s capital and largest city is Budapest. Hungary is a member of the European Union, NATO, the OECD, the Visegrád Group, and the Schengen Area. The official language is Hungarian, which is the most widely spoken non-Indo-European language in Europe.
Study Medicine In Serbia in English
Serbia, officially the Republic of Serbia is a sovereign state situated at the crossroads between Central and Southeast Europe.
Serbia is a member of the UN, CoE, OSCE, PfP, BSEC, and CEFTA. It is also an official candidate for membership in the European Union which is negotiating its EU accession, acceding country to the WTO and is a militarily neutral state.
Study Medicine in Serbia : University of Medicine in Novi Sad
Study Dentistry in Serbia : University of Dentistry in Novi Sad
Study Pharmacy in Serbia : University of Pharmacy in Novi Sad